Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
Job Summary: Provide skilled therapy intervention and treatment to patients in the home setting. This care includes appropriate utilization of treatment plans and assessment skills. Careful monitoring of the patient’s status, progress toward goals, and compliance with physicians orders are essential components of this position. Speech language pathologists are responsible for teaching patients and their caregivers while preparing the patient and/or family for discharge as appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited college with a Master’s degree majoring in speech pathology with a current license.
- Holds a certificate of clinical competence and licensure granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Minimum of one year speech pathology experience.
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Provide services in speech pathology or audiology in accordance with the physician’s plan of care. *
- Assist the physician in assessing the client’s level of functioning and the development (and revise as necessary) of the plan of care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and language disorders. *
- Record and report the client’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the client’s condition to the physician and/or the Director of Nurses. *
- Instruct and advise the client, family, and other health team personnel in the phases of speech pathology in which they may assist the client. *
- Recommend hearing tests by audiologist when necessary. Checks hearing aids.*
- Assess the client’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory, problem solving activities, hearing, speech fluency, and quality. *
- Cooperate and consult with appropriate staff to provide education when requested and arranged by the Director of Nursing. *
- Evaluate and regularly re-evaluate the speech pathology needs of the client; initiate, develop, implement and make necessary revisions to the client’s plan of care. *
- Initiate diagnostic, preventive, and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the client’s care and safety. Make referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the needs of the client or document rationale for not doing so. *
- Observe signs and symptoms and report changes in the client’s condition to the physician and/or Director of Nursing. *
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the client and family regarding home procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the client’s condition. Use agency educational material as appropriate.*
- Coordinate the total plan of care and maintain continuity of care by communicating with other health professionals. Attend client care conferences. Initiate client care conferences for complex and/or multidisciplinary clients when needed or helpful to ensure good coordination of care. *
- Keep abreast of speech therapy trends and knowledge through seminars, CEU’s, self-study and workshops.
- Participate in in-service programs.
- Merchandise Discounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Military Leave
- Professional Development
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Paid sick days
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- On Site Cafeteria
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Mobile Phone Discount