Speech Pathologist - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
PRN, as needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages the policies and procedures as related to the clinical area.
Responsible for the application of Home Care guidelines and standards in accordance with current practices.
Patient Care activities include, but not limited to:
Prioritizing work by preparing daily visitation lists
Reviews medical record to assess therapy needs
Instructs/educates patients and/or significant other on therapy
Maintaining accurate patient information in the medical record
Has knowledge of and understands current JC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
Represents the patient therapy interest on the healthcare team. Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care providers.
Assists in departmental, hospital and community in-services/education when assigned.
Actively participates in Performance Improvement for clinical area.
Activity participates in assigned meetings.
Involved in the review and planning of patient menus.
Upholds professional standards of performance and conduct.
Excellent customer service skills.
Performs direct patient care on a timely basis in cooperation with the other members of the Home Health team.
Assess the needs of the patient, formulating realistic treatment goals.
Demonstrates creativity, skill and efficiency in designing and implementing treatment programs for patients with all types of medical problems.
Establishes a plan of care with goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential for improvement and in accordance with physician’s orders.
Demonstrates competence in all aspects of Speech Pathology and administers treatment to the patient in a caring and effective method.
Skillfully and safely progresses the patient through levels of treatment within the maximum capabilities of the patient, exercising initiative and good judgment.
Participates in the team process through cooperative and communicative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provides comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
Reports pertinent observations to attending physician, changing patient care plan and therapy program as directed.
What You Will Need:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
Must be a graduate of an approved school of Speech Pathology and licensed to practice Speech Therapy by the State of Texas.
Current CPR certification.
Must be competent with computers.
Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good oral communication skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
Maintains continuing education hours as outlined by the State of Texas.
Must have at least one year of experience as a staff speech pathologist plus an interest in Clinical Education.
· Evaluates, plan and provides speech therapy services in the home as ordered by the attending physician and in accordance with assigned, individualized plan of care for each patient.