The Speech Therapist provides comprehensive professional service in accordance with the mission and objectives of Nascentia Health. Responsible for providing safe therapy interventions to clients/families in their homes, in accordance with agency policies and procedures. Great Opportunity for Speech Pathologists who are interested in homecare and located in the Utica, Rome, Oneida, Remson, Camden, Sylvan Beach and Clinton areas!
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
1. Ensure quality and safe delivery of home health services.
A. Provide client assessments using best clinical practice.
B. Develop appropriate plan of care.
C. Provide safe Speech therapy interventions to clients/families in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
D. Maintain client care records using approved documentation and format.
a. Documentation reflects speech therapy care and interactions.
b. Documentation is clear and concise.
c. Documentation is completed in a timely manner.
d. OASIS documentation is completed within regulatory timeframes.
E. Follow professional code of ethics and standards of practice.
F. Manage a diverse client caseload.
G. Communicate client care issues to interdisciplinary team
2. Assume responsibility for supervision of para professionals relevant to patient care plan
A. Monitor job performance of home health aides and delivery of home health aide services
3. Comply with Nascentia Health policies and procedures.
A. Maintain Nascentia Health productivity standards.
B. Maintain adherence to agency policies and procedures including Corporate Compliance, Ethical Standards, and Confidentiality (HIPAA).
C. Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state and local government rules and regulations.
D. Demonstrate knowledge and use of infection control practices.
E. Adhere to uniform policy.
F. Adhere to quality improvement standards.
G. Keep personnel requirements up to date, i.e. health requirements, professional license requirement, professional liability insurance and other Nascentia Health requirements.
H. Demonstrate skills competency through periodic evaluations.
4. Participate in personal growth and development.
A. Participate in education in-services and meetings.
B. Maintain and update clinical knowledge on an ongoing basis.
5. Present a professional image to clients and the community
6. Other job duties as requested
- Currently registered by New York State and the American Speech and Hearing Therapy Association and educational standard board as applicable
- Current New York State Speech Therapy license.
- Current New York State driver's license and automobile insurance.
- One year experience as a Speech Therapist preferred.
1. Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity including:
Pushing/pulling - typical weight 50 pounds / maximum weight 150 pounds
Lifting and carrying- typical weight 25 pounds / maximum weight 40 pounds
Patient transfers, extensive bending, standing, kneeling, walking in various weather conditions, e.g. snow, rain, sleet and going up and down stairs.
3. Ability to drive on a daily basis in all weather conditions throughout the working year
4. Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Category I - Employee has tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues)
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Leave
- FREE Medical Coverage for single HDHP, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account, partially funded
- Medical Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance and Loan Repayment Assistance
- Exceptional Work/Life Balance
- Free Learning Management System for Ongoing Education
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Company Vehicle (for employees who qualify)
- Company Cell Phone/Cell Phone Reimbursement (for employees who qualify)
- Paid Time Off Pay Out (at year end)
- Much More!!
About Nascentia Health
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post acute care and long-term community health. A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team.
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent on negative results of a new hire drug screen.