Daily tasks and responsibilities include: Creating and configuring reports and dashboards in Splunk for internal clients. Configuring the ingestion of new logs into Splunk. Supporting the overall Splunk environment. Continuing to configure and stand up a new Splunk instance.
- at minimum 2 years experience working with Splunk
- skilled with SPL (Splunk Processing Language)
- can understand and write basic and complex queries
- can create reports/alerts/dashboards in the splunk web interface
- familiar with splunk metrics
- understanding of splunk clustered environment architecture
- experience with Python scripting
- experience with Powershell scripting
- experience deploying Splunk and scaling a splunk environment.
- experience configuring splunk components (search heads, indexers, apps, heavy forwarders… etc.)
- Ansible experience
- syslogng configuration experience
- experience using restful API
- AWS experience