Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01273263 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Spokesperson for Pratt & Whitney is responsible for creating excellent working relationships with aviation trade reporters, in order to gain insight and intelligence on story trends, and to work with reporters on stories that promote or involve Pratt & Whitney.
- Handle inbound inquiries with urgency, including working with colleagues in Communications to draft responses and validate data
- Arrange interviews with subject matter experts, including preparing talking points, FAQs and other documents and hosting prep sessions
- Coordinate film and photo shoots on Pratt & Whitney property including securing approvals from appropriate departments and facility leadership
- Manage PR agencies and coordinate with global Communications staff to ensure aligned message
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports on results, and campaign-driven/as-needed reports
Are you up for the challenge?
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields include Communications or Journalism
- You are a U.S. Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder)
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations or Corporate Spokesperson role
- MBA or Graduate degree preferred
- You have over 10 years' experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations or Corporate Spokesperson role building and executing PR campaigns within the airline, aviation or aerospace industry
- You have experience producing strategic media relations campaigns that drive positive brand awareness and/or reputation management experience
- You have an excellent social skills and ability to foster positive relationships within the industry, along with a proven record of influencing media outlets and securing positive media coverage
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Previous experience in crisis communication required within a corporate environment
- Hands on experience with structured project management and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio. Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.