SPORTS LEAGUE AND PROGRAM MANAGER
Sports Facilities Management, LLC- Cedar Point Sports Center
LOCATION: Sandusky, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
STATUS: FULL TIME
CPSC SFM, LLC ("CPSC") is accepting applications for the position of Sports League and Program Manager at Cedar Point Sports Center located in Sandusky, OH.
Opening in early 2020, Cedar Point Sports Center will be the Midwest's ultimate sports, events and entertainment destination located in Sandusky, Ohio along the scenic North Coast and beautiful Lake Erie. From sports tournaments to birthday parties to community events, this state-of-the-art facility will provide big league service and amenities coupled with the thrill of celebrating at Cedar Point, one of the world's best amusement park destinations.
- Youth sports training programs, clinics, and camps
- Sports performance and fitness training
- Youth and adult leagues, tournaments, and events
- Fun, affordable, family entertainment and food & beverage
- Facility rental for corporate meetings and social gathering events
The Sports League and Program Manager will be in charge of the organization and running of the facility's sports and non-sports programs, including leagues, tournaments, after-school programs, and any other programs held. The Manager will work closely with the individual leaders of each program as well as other internal departments (Operations, Marketing, etc.) in order to successfully accomplish these responsibilities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Plan, develop, and execute the facility's sport programs, camps, leagues and tournaments
- Lend support to other Operation's Directors and Coaches
- Manage ongoing facility schedule
- Develop programming to target various markets ranging from corporate, group, adult/youth/family, and special interest groups
- Develop and manage program budgets
- Create and develop sales initiatives and goals for leagues, tournaments, special events, etc.
- Generate sales through networking, building relationships, and creating strategic alliances
- Track and report weekly sales totals
- Oversee all aspects of programs and special activities
- Work with third-party partners to maximize revenue and attract events
- Hire, train, manage, and motivate staff
- Actively participates in other operational functions as necessary, including but not limited to event setup and execution, attending all scheduled events and meetings, assisting other departments during outside or special events, etc.
- Serve as MOD on weekends or during events
- Experience coaching/teaching both youth and adult sports
- Must have proven track record of developing, marketing, and selling recreation and training programs
- Must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must possess current CPR/FIRST AID certifications or must be willing to obtain them within a specified period of time
- A bachelor's degree in recreation, sports management or related field with 3-5 years appropriate experience required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds' waist high
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
- Will be required to operate a computer
- Facility has intermittent noise