- Lead critical thinking and strategic recommendations, including athletes, event and activation development
- Provide team with the right critical experiences to meet both professional and personal development goals and develop a high performing Sports Marketing Team
- Develop the athletes & event managers’ brand & sport marketing understanding to a top level (enlarge creativity & professionalism).
- Coach and train regional / local athletes & event managers and challenge cross-country exploring of activities on all relevant levels.
- Develop and Drive a consistent Sports Marketing strategy and execution globally – balancing a local approach with the global strategy.
- Work out a three-year strategic plan for athlete and event activities in-line with the overall marketing objectives.
- Develop and execute superior Global Business Plans in association with the athletes and event managers
- Contribute to the bi- annual business GTM process.
- Unlock sport marketing insights and translate them into a growth strategy for Black Diamond.
- Develop and initiate branding plans for events & athletes including driving ongoing innovative design/visibility & execution for each athlete.
- Works in conjunction with the Brand, Communications and Content team to deliver exceptional marketing and communications plans for all sports assets.
- Contribute to reach all international marketing and sales targets.
- Create & execute innovative international relevant projects/ideas around athletes that will penetrate the sports we serve.
- Top execution and leverage of international athletes and events projects.
- Work with Event Marketing Manager to develop initiatives and rationale for hosting future global, national and local events.
- Work with Category directors to support product innovation and category/product awareness through athletes and even programs,
- Optimize the quality of internal communication.
- Secures smart and efficient investments: National versus International activities (optimize current & future sport marketing spending).
- Assume responsibility for resource planning and budget management in all aspects of sports marketing.
- Deliver regular reports of athletes and event results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
- Run all activities within the legal situation and in line with Black Diamonds brand values.
- Required: 8+ years relevant experience in sports marketing, athlete, and event marketing. 4+ years managing a high performing team. Working knowledge of a wide variety of mountain sports and their respective scenes, on a global level.
- Preferred: Outdoor Sports Industry and experience managing athletes’ sports programs.
Skills and general experience:
- Creative thinker and innovator; in touch with sports and especially outdoor trends.
- Able to measure outcome using analytic tools, manage budgets, meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure.
- In-depth and detailed knowledge of marketing metrics.
- Strong negotiating, presentation, and motivation skills.
- Capable of cultivating a strong team environment across regions and functions.
- Good knowledge of human nature.
- Live and represent Black Diamond.
- Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends.
- Valid Passport. Ability to travel domestically as well as abroad as needed.
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.