Summary of Position
Work involves responsibility for planning and supervising the work of a group of Full-time or temporary agricultural laborers in a variety of laboring tasks. Work assignments are received by direct supervisor. Work is reviewed primarily through evaluations of results obtained.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Supervise a crew of laborers in a variety of laboring tasks.
* Assures that crews are supplied with proper tools and materials.
* Provide drinking water and field sanitation facilities to all workers.
* Ensures all crews have the correct PPE for the chemical for the job at hand.
* Make sure the equipment is in good condition for spray application.
* Fixe or report the equipment in a timely manner.
* Pick up chemicals from the Warehouse and transport them back to the ranch in a safe manner.
* Coordinate the sprays with ranch supervisor on a daily basis
* Familiar with the difference of applications for pesticides and herbicides.
* Reads and understands the recommendations before applying any chemicals.
* Assures the environmental conditions are within compliance for application of chemicals.
* Assures all laws are being followed by following the directions outlined on the chemical labels
* Ensures all application are being done in a safe and compliant manner
* Keeps track of all chemical applications made and turns in paperwork to spray operations coordinator once completed
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
H.S Diploma plus:
* 6 months of Agriculture experience (preferred)
* Private applicator certificate (preferred) or obtain this within the 1yr of employment.
Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes:
* Convey information to others effectively in English and Spanish.
* Knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques.
* Ability to plan, lay out, and supervise the work of laborers in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
* Knowledge of the hazards and necessary safety precautions in general labor and maintenance work.
* Experience using GPS (Global Positioning Systems)
* Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Understand chemical labels and applications
* Be a team leader and lead the crew by example
* Be able to communicate vial call, text, and email
This job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities may differ and are subject to change from those outlined in the job description.
* Be on the forefront of a growing business!
* Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
* Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
* Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
* We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
* We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
* We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
* We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled