Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for Sprinkler Fitter Trainees in the Nashville, TN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 01k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
This position is primarily responsible to assist with inspection, installation, and repair/service of Wet, Dry, Pre-action, Deluge and Foam systems; test, rebuild and or replace Backflow Preventors. Responsible for helping to identify trouble areas and performing service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure that sprinkler systems are operating properly.
Assist with preparation of jobsite, performing visual inspection of system, disabling horn & strobes, and alerting alarm company and fire department
Help to install/hang or service sprinkler systems and their components per NFPA and engineering guidelines
Assist with the Installation, replacement, or service of wet, dry, pre-action, deluge and foam systems as needed.
Support the repair and/or replacement or all sprinkler systems components.
Help to install, repair, replace or rebuild backflow preventors
Assist with verifying proper communication with monitoring station when working on a monitored system after repair
Help to perform system tests to verify alarm & sprinkler systems are working properly upon completion of repair
Complete installation or inspection/service paperwork
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Minimum one year of experience in sprinkler fitting, installation or inspection or related experience in plumbing or pipefitting, or hands on industrial work experience is strongly preferred
• Clean Driving Record is required
• Must be able to pass a background check
• NICET Certification
• Two or more years of experience in sprinkler fitting, installation or inspection, or related experience in plumbing or pipefitting
Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 pounds, carry 50-70 pounds repeatedly, push and pull greater than 75 pounds and climb a ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status.
Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act.
E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish.
Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.