What you will do
Sprinkler Service Technicians diagnose problems
and perform service and repairs on electronic fire sprinkler systems and other
related building system products at customer sites.
How you will do it
Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and
refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins,
modification notices, etc. to repair equipment. Service, troubleshoot, and
install fire sprinkler systems and special hazard fire protection systems
utilizing gaseous agents. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product
manuals. Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently
communicating with staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication
devices such as smart phones and laptop computers. Obtain customer signature
upon completed service call assignment. Available for on-call emergency
service. Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 5 years documented experience in fire sprinkler
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record
that meets company requirements.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital
analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints,
submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include
carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position
such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to
meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety
guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National,
State and Local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET II certification preferred
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule,
mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best
in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental
& vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth
Johnson Controls is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as
a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view . If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application process,
please visit .