Computer Consultants International, Inc. (CCI) is an IT Consulting Firm with more than 18 years experience providing effective, expert-level services in industries such as Construction, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, and Government. CCI focuses on building long-term relationships while completing projects from design to delivery. People are CCI's key component for success. Recruiting utmost-quality individuals for our clients, CCI fields a workforce of individuals who are selected not only because of their technical qualifications but also for their achievements as substantial, contributing human beings. In government work and in the commercial market, high standards of ethics and accountability are critical. Therefore our people are chosen for their integrity and ability to maintain relationships, as well as expertise in their field. To learn more about CCI, visit us online at www.cci-worldwide.com.
CCI has a Client who is seeking a Candidate to design, consolidate and integrate data collection, storage, and retrieval with an optimal level of efficiency, performance, security, and utility. The scope of this contract entails discovery assessments of the Agency, Microsoft SQL environment and the design, development, and implementation of a new Microsoft SQL 2017 or later platform. The scope must include Best practice for Server licensing, data migration from SQL2008-2016 servers, backup strategies and security.
The City envisions that this scope of this project will consist of four consecutive stages:
- Analysis of current environment.
- Database Servers
- OS Version
- SQL Server Version
- Ancillary software (SQL Studio, for example, version)
- Allocated VCPUs
- Allocated RAM
- Home VMware Host
- Home Database Server and Instance
- Metrics (size, performance)
- Analysis of desired future state.
- Database Servers
- Proposed Licensing Scenario (VCPU vs. CPU vs. CAL)
- Design of an environment to achieve the future state.
- Planning and implementation to achieve the future state with minimum disruption to service.
The data solution must be scalable and adaptable to allow for the expansion beyond current data as well as to evolving business needs. The data solution will include appropriate knowledge transfer to the Agencys information technology staff to facilitate their role in ongoing future maintenance and support.
Services and Deliverables
The contractor will be responsible for:
Phase 1 Discovery
Conduct discovery to obtain an understanding of the Clients business needs and data environment as identified in the Scope of Work.
The contracted services are expected to:
Communicate with internal City stakeholders and technical staff to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business and technical requirements using Microsoft SQL Server;
- Facilitate communications between contractor and City IT professionals through regular and documented meetings;
- Notify City IT Management of any obstacles that may arise and work through to complete the project.;
- Login to City systems and run appropriate tools to collect data as detailed in the Scope of Work;
- Provide analysis and evidentiary data collected to support the analysis;
- Review, document and assess current City datasets and data structure.
6. Additional documentation and technical specifications will be obtained as part of the contracted discovery scope.
Phase 2 Design
Develop data systems architecture design, including scalability to support future growth in consultation with internal City information technology staff.
Design will include but not be limited to:
- Separation of production, test and train environments for existing systems to different system environments;
- Recommendation of appropriate SQL server version - standard vs. enterprise;
- Performance recommendations number of VCPUs/RAM per database instance/server.
- Maintenance plan;
- Monitoring and alerting recommendation;
- Implementation Plan.
Phase 3 Implementation of Plan
- Construct new Microsoft SQL Server 2017 or later environment in Microsoft Windows server 2016 or later environment on VMWare 6.5.
- Coordinate with application vendors and Migrate current databases into new environment.
- Recommend, develop, and document a comprehensive backup and recovery strategy utilizing current and relevant backup methodologies
- Adhere to industry/security standards, best practices, and current security policies.
- Recommend, develop, and document all necessary maintenance plans, automated monitoring, and threshold notifications as well as instruct City IT staff on the maintenance of the system
- Lead a complete walk-through of all mutually agreed-to deliverables and systems with the IT staff to ensure smooth transition and ongoing supportability.
- Create documentation to build the enterprise system and end user documentation.
- Recommend, develop, and document a strategy for ongoing patching (application and security) of the Microsoft SQL environment.
- Our Current Environment consists of approximately 30 Microsoft SQL servers ranging from SQL2005 SQL2016.
- Servers have been concentrated on a few servers for licensing issues. (CALs)
- There are performance and manageability issues.
- 95% of the servers are virtualized. There are inactive applications that still have active Microsoft SQL databases.
- Candidate must have completed at least three (3) successful projects in the last three (3) years in the development of Microsoft SQL environments, testing plans and implementation plans.
- Candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience in the licensing of Microsoft SQL environments with a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement.
- Candidate must undergo a CJIS background check as deemed appropriate by City of Delray Beach.
- References Minimum three (3) from past professional clients with similar type of project
- An example of your written project documentation for a similar type of project
Specific expertise and referenceable experience in the following areas is required:
- Identifying, assessing, evaluating, documenting and translating business requirements into deliverables
- Building high-performance and scalable Microsoft SQL environments.
- At least three (3) years of experience with Microsoft SQL server 2014 or later
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to hire(at)cci-worldwide.com with "SQL Consultant(Server licensing, data migration,security)(Job ID:Q2019-12)"FL as the subject line.