Impact is hiring a SQL Database Administrator for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Database Administrator (DBA) position is a unique opportunity for an individual with prior experience seeking new challenges and broad database administration responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintenance and operational support of our entire portfolio of databases. Maintain reliability, stability and data integrity of the databases. Provide support in the administration, backup, integrity and security of various SQL databases. Responsible for database tasks from software upgrades and custom interfaces, to troubleshooting. Continually assess, improve, and optimize our current database environment.
The role of the DBA is intended for customer service focused individuals with a vast knowledge of computers database and business processes that may relate to those databases. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
The Database Administrator will manage and monitor all databases that the company utilizes, some of which are industry specific for the ERP, CRM, and SharePoint systems. The DBA will be involved in generating reporting and BI that are requested from the company. Work closely with the Business Systems Integrators to get more potential interaction with the ERP and CRM to the employee’s hands in a manner that will foster success.
Designing and Customizations
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Create and Modify current and newly requested crystal reports for better information management across all departments
- Design and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Work with Acquisition team to merge data from future acquisitions
- Follow vendor processes to maintain and upgrade ERP and CRM systems and Applications
- Re-engineer BI systems for benchmarks that are relatable for the company’s success
- Work with all departments to optimize the use of SharePoint online to provide information that will enable company growth
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Monitor and analyze SQL views and processes that may be running slow and adjust for system performance
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Plan and execute software upgrades in relation to ERP and CRM systems
Business Continuity Planning
- Develop, maintaining and testing back-up and recovery plans for databases
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator using best practices
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting SQL Server Failover cluster instances
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- Extensive Crystal Reports knowledge and experience
- Power BI Development
- .NET Software Development
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence Applications for Dashboard purposes
- Microsoft SQL Server Certifications
- ERP and Business process knowledge
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate Certification (DP-3xx)
- Microsoft MSCE (Data Management and Analytics)
- Microsoft MCSA (SQL 2016 Database Administration)
- Microsoft MCSA (SQL Database Development)
- Microsoft MCSA (Data Management and Analytics)