Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Madison, WI area client to locate to bring on a SQL Database Administrator for a long-term contract!
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for data conversions from legacy grant administration database to a new agency-wide system
- Develop scripts to convert grant program-specific data-sets.
- Test and correct errors, and refine changes to database.
- Work collaboratively with System Architects to make changes to database management system.
- Determine impact of database changes on other system components.
- Modifies database procedures to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Stay up-to-date on business requirements and objectives, particularly as these relate to database architecture issues.
- Work onsite to complete tasks and assignments as directed and with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Maintain excellent communication with Technology Services Section Chief, Project Manager and Business Analyst to ensure:
- business requirements are met,
- risks are identified and problem-solved, and
- status updates are provided in a timely manner.
Qualification Rating Must Have Information Technology –
Database Design Database Tuning and Maintenance to assure highest level of system availability and performance and 5 years Information Technology - Databases Data Flow & Structure Modeling and 5 years Entity relationships and 5 years’ Experience in Data Conversion projects and 5 years Knowledge of Oracle database management systems principles, techniques and capabilities. 5 years MS SQL Server and 5 years SQL server database administration expertise 5 years Stored procedures and triggers and 5 years Information Technology - Data Warehouse Experience with ETL tools or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience with other data and 5 years Nice to Have Information Technology - Databases Oracle 11g and 0 years Oracle 12c and 0 years
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (email@example.com)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
SQL Server Database Administrator