- Technical focal point for all issues relating to Microsoft SQL/ MySQL Database Management Systems (DBMS) in coordination with other technicians.
- Install, configure, provision, operate and administer database management systems and their related software as well as backend storage server and hardware platforms.
- Perform capacity and performance trending, conduct predictive analysis.
- Design, install, monitor, maintain and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases including software updates.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the design of complex physical data models that describe the structure for data storage, data indexing, data manipulation, and data retrieval applications.
- Work with system owners and project managers to develop and implement complex querying and report solutions. Share concepts and techniques as well as foster and encourage sharing of knowledge.
- Communicate regularly with the development team, business and operations teams to ensure the security and confidentiality of data. Responsible for the availability, reliability and integrity of business data stored in production databases.
- Ensure that new database code meets standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- This individual advises developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc).
- Ensure timely delivery of reports and manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations.
- Research and identify root cause/data issues.
- Understand the business needs and using the knowledge of the data, prepare meaningful reports using datasets available through existing systems and datasets external to the customer unit.
- Coordinate with offshore team based on the project needs.
- Manage/Guide junior team members.
- Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2017, MySQL for on-premise
- 3-5 years of experience architecting, designing, developing and managing databases using relational databases such as SQL Server
- Defining hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for capacity planning and performance.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery strategies
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to perform problem identification, analysis and resolution on various DBMS (MS SQL, MySQL). Experience in managing 24/7 high availability production DBMS.
- Ability to design, develop, and document technical solutions, standard operating procedures and change requests.
- Ability to administer Linux/Windows server based operating systems and CLI w/ scripting.
- Ability to design & develop solutions with SSIS, SSRS & Power BI.
- Experience with capacity planning, utilization, and performance monitoring (Index, Table, Queries and Stored procedures). Data modeling skills for enterprise data warehouses and data marts.
- Proficiency in MS Excel with knowledge of Pivot Tables, VLookup and other advanced functions is required.
- Knowledge in accounting concepts, CostPoint, SharePoint is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineer and a minimum of 3 years related technical experience required
$113,789.00 - $113,789.00 /yearWhat is this?
SQL Server Database Administrator
SQL Server Database Administrator