Octagon Technology Staffing & Professional Recruiting is in search for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator that has experince working in a high availablity, high transaction environment. This is a great opportunity to work in a technology company that provides autonomy and growth. You will be working in an organization that promotes collaboration and creativity and promotes from within. Results matter most, not tenure.
- Responsible for auditing, streamlining and optimizing our organization’s current SQL Server environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database and SQL Server related problems, including but not limited to, resource contention (CPU, memory, I/O, disk space), connectivity, performance, replication, or security issues.
- Ensures SQL Server Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Implements adequate database backup and restore procedures.
- Ensures that all necessary High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) MS SQL server options are implemented.
- Responsible for implementing operational automation through scripts.
- Ensures adequate database indexing and proper index management.
- Responsible for implementing suitable information security measures, as they relate to database and SQL Server management.
- Ensures optimal Microsoft SQL Server licensing and responsible for carrying out the annual license trueup process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related technical field
- 5+ years experience with Database Administration for MS SQL Server.
- 7+ Experience working with Windows Server.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing