Apex Systems is seeking an entry level SQL developer who takes pride in developing ETL and synchronization processes for a full time position in the Long Island, NY area.
This developer will be developing complex MS SQL Server queries and SSIS packages & custom tasks for performing data conversions (ETL) to import and export data for external vendors. The position also includes data extraction, reporting, SQL Server stored procedure development.
- Strong experience in MS SQL Server and creating complex SQL statements, T-SQL programming such as, Stored Procedure, Functions etc.
- Create and manage:
- ETL systems for data warehouses & data marts which integrate multiple domains
- Complex SQL stored procedures and other database objects.
- Document design, development, optimize and maintain, reliable, repeatable and scalable ETL packages utilizing SSIS.
- Embrace agile SDLC philosophy for all projects with high user-touch across phases of: requirements, design, develop, developer test, user test, release.
- Collaborate with users to fulfill ad hoc requests by writing SQL Scripts & Excel charts.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent relational database experience and understanding of Data Warehousing/Data Modeling
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be a quick learner and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with team members (in person and remote).
- Excellent time management skills. Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Excited to learn new technologies (open and closed source)
- 3+ years in general database development using MSSQL Server Enterprise 2008 or higher
- 3 years Data Warehousing/Data Modeling experience.
- 2 Years of experience with MS Excel (forms, macros).
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178