Our client located in North Houston is looking for a SQL Developer on a 6-month contract with the intent hire. The candidate will be working closely with the Agile development team and will be responsible for Full Stack MS Development with a heavy focus on SQL. Will be responsible for DBA activities such as Backups, ETL Scripts, Stored Procedures, creating views, functions, modify tables, and optimizing performance of Databases. Our candidate must have Enterprise Level experience working in an Agile environment.
- Provides database software development services and will work closely with the Agile software development team working on multiple projects.
- Performance Tuning
- Develops stored procedures and designs tables for new applications.
- Develop processes to import or export data between systems.
- Analyzes and modifies logic in existing stored procedures; codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements stored procedures.
- Analyzes business requirements, conducts tests and integrates application components; ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Monitors and analyzes performance including capacity planning, system checks and audits; makes recommendations for improvements and completes requests for additional resources and support as needed.
- Processes service tickets; troubleshoots system issues, resolves database related incidents and completes maintenance requests.
- Solid understanding of database design and stored procedure development.
- Strong technology and troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of networking and database security.
- Experience with Cloud Services is preferred.
- Experience with SQL Server is preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to effectively identify and translate business user needs, and to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage timelines and prioritize workload in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Flexibility to provide after hours and weekend support on occasion to support business needs.
- Resourceful and highly adept at problem identification and incident resolution using experience and developed analytical skills.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and master new programs and systems.
• 5 or more years administrating or supporting database systems with coding experience.
Formal Education & Certification:
• A degree in technology, business, or related field.
• Certification preferred, but not required
****Local candidates to Houston will only be considered. US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.***