ActioNet is in need of a SQL Server Database Application Developer and Administrator to support a long-term contract in Washington DC and help with server database design, development, support and enhancement for our US Courts client.
This position requires extensive database, data warehouse and programming knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Writing SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS ETL packages and relational database design. This is a stable contract with growth opportunities.
- Ensure all SQL database servers are backed up according to the pre-defined maintenance schedule;
- Build, maintain, and enhance SSIS packages, procedures and functions in PL/SQL using SSMS, Developer and other utilities;
- Write, debug efficient SQL queries and SSIS Packages;
- Test backups to ensure we can meet business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities , automation jobs and ability to use SQL utilities (DMVs, msdb etc.)
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain SQL server according to customer specifications - Configure, troubleshoot and maintain SQL clustering
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third-party vendors
- Performance troubleshooting, tuning, indexing & query changes
- Ability work with Database Engineering team to analyze and Implement database recommendations.
- Debug PL/SQL programs to fix and maintain existing code
- Develop Database code, SSIS packages using best practices for modularity, error handling, auditing, multi-user and performance
- Attend project meetings and contribute to various discussions
- Deliver high-quality code within published delivery dates
- Develop overall integration tests to ensure code does not adversely affect existing programs Secondary qualifications should include
- Ability to determine and answer questions about server-level performance;
- Ability to use SQL Server tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues;
- Experience with shell scripting technologies
- Functional experience with VMWare 5.0
- Knowledge on SQL server 2016, 2017
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.