The SQL ETL Developer will be an integral member of the Enterprise Business Intelligence team and work intimately with the SQL Ops, Development, Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance teams.
- Maintains/improves existing and creates new reliable, scalable, and performant ETL processes required by Application Development and/or business partners utilizing industry standard toolsets (e.g. SSIS)
- With the understanding that downstream business-critical processes are dependent on the availability and reliability of data, designs new (and refactors existing) ETL solutions keeping the engineering “ilities” in mind (scalability, availability, extensibility, etc.) and exploring concepts such as self-healing software
- Creates, manages, and implements plan to create a unified and consolidated library of ETL processes that is well-documented, follows industry best practices, and meets the guidelines set forth by Data Governance, Enterprise Architecture, and AppDev
- Work with SQL Ops & Enterprise Architecture to implement the appropriate toolset to allow robust monitoring and alerting capabilities
- With a firm understanding of solid fundamental warehousing design patterns, participate/lead in the improvement of existing and creation of new large-scale warehousing initiatives
- Applies fundamental design patterns used for large data capabilities considering key items such as: optimal indexing, fast data loading, data integrity, performant queries, and partitioning tables / columns / files to allow databases to scale in size while remaining efficient
- Participate in the design, modelling, and implementation of analysis-based projects including: data stores, warehouses, data marts, data cubes, and downstream analytics (reporting, etc.)
- Adhering to the same guidelines used by Application Development, follows a disciplined approach to developing solutions, ensuring all work done is accounted for and accurately represented (as to what is currently deployed to Dev/Test/Prod) under source control (e.g. TFS, VSTS, etc.)
- Contributes to the library of documentation for database standards, maintenance and support.
- 5-10 yrs. experience utilizing MS SQL Server T-SQL for DDL/DML/DSL, specifically as it relates to database design, implementation, efficiency and performance
- 5-10 yrs. experience developing database schemas, stored procedures, functions, views, triggers in OLTP and OLAP-based environments (traditional relational databases, data stores, warehouses, data marts, cubes, etc.)
- 5-10 yrs. experience designing, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting high-volume ETL projects that span multiple types of data sources and process millions of records utilizing SQL Server Information Services (or equivalent toolset)
- 3+ yrs. experience with fundamental administrative performance and design capabilities including indexing, partitioning of data, creating and restoring backups, jobs, etc.
- 3+ yrs. experience managing, maintaining, and building database code under the premise of source control management (TFS, GIT, VSTS, etc.)
- 3+ years designing / modeling solutions built for high-scalability and high-availability
- Fundamental understanding and exposure to data management capabilities – from the perspective of understanding the nature of data and being able to categorize, rationalize and analyze it
- Experience with SQL DevOps with respect to: (1) the toolsets used (2), the delivery process (CI / CD / etc.), and (3) monitoring and analysis
- Experience with application development (either conceptually or in practice)
- Experience with C# and the .NET Framework
- Experience in the Financial or Banking Industry