LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator for a 6+ month contract opportunity with our client in Central Illinois!
- Perform administrative and technical duties associated with the development, support, tuning and maintenance of the database environments.
- May include: applying patches, upgrades, performance analysis, optimizations and clustering for high availability environments
- All activities listed are relative to a hybrid environment (on-premise & cloud based)
- Migrate data between database environments (development, test and production)
- Apply data obfuscation routines to protect sensitive data elements
- Implement, monitor, and maintains database systems security; ensures proper user accessibility; oversees security procedures
- Define and implement disaster recovery; ensures information protection and file integrity; oversees backup procedures
- Develop, implement, maintains, and enforces policies and procedures for database systems administration
- Develop and review data models and SQL queries
- Support the Corporate Data Management and Data Governance programs
- Provides advanced database services supporting the data environment
- Leads database management activities such as database upgrades and migrations
- Acts as a key database services expert across IT and Business units
- Provides advanced database troubleshooting expertise
- Performs software review, evaluation, recommendation, design and implementation for database management tools
- Leads database disaster recovery design, implementation and monitoring
- Ensures that documentation related to compliance, operating procedures, architecture and projects is correct and readily available
- Must have 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Other database server platforms (MySQL, Aurora, Dynamo, etc.)
- Familiar with developing ANSI SQL and T-SQL queries
- Experience with cloud-based environments especially in regard to database implementation and administration
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.