Our Melbourne, FL based client is looking for multiple IP Network Operations Specialist. If you are qualified and interested in this position, please forward a copy of your updated resume in word format to email@example.com
*temp to perm possible*
• Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
• Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
• Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
• Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
• Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
• Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
• Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
• This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field or equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Previous experience in telecommunication call centers and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• 6+ years’ physical layer and routed technologies experience.
• 6+ years networking technologies experience with RF, ATM, DWDM, and Frame Relay.
• 6+ years’ experience with Network Management systems and tools.
• 6+ years’ experience in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment: Cisco, Eastern Research, and APC.
• CCNA Certification
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
Network Analyst / Specialist