Established in 1997, DQE Communications (DQE) is a subsidiary of Pittsburgh-based Duquesne Light Holdings and headquartered in Pittsburgh’s Southside Works development. DQE Communications is one of the leading providers of high-speed, fiber-optic data networking for business throughout thirteen -counties in southwestern Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Already in over 1600 commercials buildings with approximately 3,250 route miles, DQE is continually working to expand its network.
Through Metro Ethernet, Wavelength Services, Dark Fiber, Internet Services and Colocation services, DQE offers its customers secure, reliable and flexible network services.
Through Metro Ethernet, Dark Fiber, Internet Services and Colocation services, DQE offers their customers secure, reliable, flexible network services unmatched by any other provider in the region.
Job Family: Sales
Career Level: Assoc III
Department: DQE Comms
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Harrisburg, PA
The Senior Account Executive will be required to drive the mission of DQE Communications and provide fiber optic data services that is unequaled in the Pittsburgh and Tri-state region.
- Develop new business opportunities
- Cultivate sales leads
- Analyze communication needs and create solutions for potential customers
- Present sales solutions to potential customers
- Maintain customer relationships
- Ability to meet or exceed monthly sales quotas
Following are just some aspects of the DQE Communications Difference:
- Speed: Virtually unlimited bandwidth that is instantly adjustable by each customer. Unlike the “best effort” approach taken by most providers, DQE Communications’ speed is guaranteed by each customer’s Service Level Agreement. Other providers just can’t promise what DQE Communications delivers.
- Reliability: DQE Communications features built-in redundancy designed to keep the data flowing, even in the case of events like a line cut.
- Service: Because DQE Communications is based right here in southwestern PA, our customers receive customer service from representatives who are also their hometown neighbors.
- Clean, fast installation: DQE Communications has a reputation for providing installations that are fast and clean, respecting your business and your property
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications Industry or closely related field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products.
- Proficiency with presentation tools, databases and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communications skill verbal and writtent to present customer bids, communication solutions, etc.
- Knowledge of the Pittsburgh regional market
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on past experience on a regular basis. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
- Normal office environment.
- Extensive travel to customer locations.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.