Founded in 1916, Keds® redefined footwear with the introduction of the Champion sneaker. The iconic design was one of the first options to provide women with accessible, fashionable footwear and ignited a style revolution. Over the past 100 years, Keds® have been worn by iconic women such as Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O and Yoko Ono. In 2015, Keds® introduced the Ladies First Since 1916 platform in over 80 global markets and launched a powerful new era in its history. 2016 marks the brand’s centennial year, celebrating 100 years of fashionable footwear and a passion for female empowerment. At Keds, we’re dedicated to our consumers and proud of our heritage. We are focused on pushing the brand forward in innovative and unexpected ways. We are seeking passionate people to join our collaborative team during a truly momentous year for the brand.
The Sr. Account Executive is responsible for supporting business development and growth of accounts to achieve sales and profitability objectives. Develops relationships to promote product placement in the assigned channel of distribution. Identifies marketplace opportunities, prospects and engages new customers, prepares strategic sales presentations and responsible for account management. This role will cover the Southeast US territory including FL, NC, SC and GA.
- Oversee strategic marketing and operational initiatives to support business development in assigned channel of distribution.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Planning and Marketing to manage business plans and forecasts.
- Represents needs of key account with Merchandising to ensure account product needs are being met on a consistent basis.
- Sells the proper quantity of assortment product that a customer can profitably retail and a quality composition of assortment product to ensure growth in the territory.
- Identify new account opportunities in order to meet growth targets, possess a thorough understanding of the marketplace (competitor information, consumer understanding, current/future market penetration, etc.) and help drive forecast accuracy. During presentation gives leadership and direction by recommending key SKU’s and lifestyles.
- Has an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics -- next 90 days, line presentation, supporting key initiatives, writing the order and follow-up. Sells the corporation and the division
- Initiates, develops and sells accounts in keeping with the division’s distribution strategies.
- Maintains an updated prospective new account list.
- Prepares for each sales call in advance, knows what the retailer has on order, delivery update, what is reordering and previous year’s sales history.
- Monitor model stocks and determine proper pairs and levels of inventory and timing of recommended markdowns.
- Plans a conversion strategy that enables a profitable transition from one season to the next.
- Advises management routinely of problems and opportunities in the region, offers recommended solutions when management is needed.
- Maintains a consistent frequency of in-store visitation to ensure execution of brand presence, visual roll-out/events, driving turn and door volume.
- Identifies areas of underdeveloped business and formulates a strategy to capture increased market share.
- Maintains updated account and sales records and analyzes and reports selling information to company on weekly basis for key accounts.
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of wholesale or retail experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong business partnerships
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, time management skills and is detail oriented.
- Must understand the marketplace.
- Must possess strategic selling and presentation skills, and have a professional presence when dealing with customers.
- Proficient MS Office (excel, word and powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of retail math measurements (i.e. gross margin, turn and markdowns)
WORKING CONDITIONSField sales environment. Extensive travel required (70%). Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.