WE Communications is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing Consumer sector team. This position will be asked to help drive consumer PR campaigns, support product launches, and proactively secure earned media results for some of the agency’s most prominent global clients.
We’re looking for a go-getter and a media maven that can proactively identify media opportunities and has the courage and confidence to go after them. Experience on consumer clients is a must, with corporate work a bonus.
- Manage significant cycles of media inquiries as well as proactive relationships with key national media/influencers
- Identify, create, and grow relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories
- Serve as day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, manage high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs
- Develop and lead brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals
- Integrate and gather information across teams, clients, and partners as needed for projects
- Lead/partner on projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events
- Contribute to the development and execution of integrated digital/social/broadcast campaigns
- Research and share industry insights, shifts and opportunities in the landscape of corporate citizenship and public affairs.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identifies, follows, and creates new opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and drive new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field is preferred. Or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in integrated communications/PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with corporate image, issues/crisis management and strategic communications across multiple audience segments.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Increased level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; takes accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.