The Senior Account Manager I, Client Partnerships is responsible for growing and cultivating client relationships while managing multiple portfolios. Partners closely with critical internal cohorts to drive the coordination and development of value-add programs that fit within our key initiatives while meeting the needs of the client. Responsible for achieving budget goals within the department through tactics informed by cross-functional and matrix partners. Provides coaching to Account Manager I/ Account Manager II and creates mentoring opportunities. Other duties as assigned to meet function/business needs.
Dir, Client Partnerships
Essential Job Functions
Portfolio Management - Oversees and manages the execution of tactics to support strategic focus as it relates to Credit Risk, Marketing Analytics, and financial performance. Frequently communicates within the Practice and internal partners to understand best practices and drive synergies as needed. Represents each respective brand need and manages accordingly through enterprise-wide initiatives. Partners closely with many internal departments such as Credit Risk, Finance, Marketing Analytics, Care Center, Compliance, Legal and Operations
Relationship Management -Salesforce client record owner. Maintains productive relationships with matrix internal partners. Works in close synthesis with peers on Partnership Marketing and Field teams. Facilitates new brand partner onboarding, and develops strong day-to-day working relationship with brand partners. Oversees enhancement Marketing and third party marketing efforts. Some travel required.
Expense Management -Point of contact for escalated accounting issues. Builds and manages the portfolio strategy throughout the annual budget process. Also identifies incremental needs by brand, advocates for business support of those needs and develops strategy for execution. Accountable for updating forecast as it relates to expenses and budget goals. Accountable for appropriately allocating the use of contractual and non-contractual marketing funds, as well as for the maintenance and accuracy of fund tracking
Portfolio Operations -Point of contact for the business related to any large scale changes. Delivers initial and ongoing communication of initiatives regularly to internal partners. Accountable for accuracy and management of all portfolio reporting
Talent Management - Provides coaching and mentoring opportunities to team members. Works with direct reports to build and follow through on development plans and goals based on their level of performance. Guides associate behavior by demonstrating attitudinal leadership
Marketing or Business
A minimum of 3 years overall experience in Marketing, Financial Services, Retail or Credit Operations Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience driving a business or retail strategy through strong understanding of budget, P and L and other financial levers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled in developing interpersonal relationships
• Motivated to achieve through cross-functional collaboration and innovation
• Experience in planning, priority setting and project management
• Intellectual curiosity
• Displays a consistent demeanor; responds well under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
• General office
• Minimum physical requirements
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Alliance Data card services business
Alliance Data’s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty . We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
· Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
· All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
· Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
· Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
· Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
· Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit