The Senior Account Manager II, Client Partnerships is responsible for growing and cultivating client relationships while managing multiple portfolios. This leader ensures delivery of sound, strategic expertise to brand partner executives while developing and driving strategic plans by portfolio and across client strategies for positive P and L impact. Partnering closely with critical internal cohorts, ensures solutions are implemented that support both brand partner needs and the strategic portfolio plan. Responsible for achieving budget goals within the department through sound brand partner strategies and tactics. Drives the Alliance Data vision by displaying leadership essentials in daily interactions with internal partners, direct reports, and brand partners. Other duties as assigned to meet function/business needs.
Director level or higher
Essential Job Functions
Portfolio Strategy - Builds and manages the portfolio strategy for each brand partner to drive overall growth and positive P and L impact. Ensures alignment with marketing strategy. Owns appropriate planning and delivery of proper content at key brand partner meetings. Utilizes reporting tools to monitor key metrics, identify opportunities and drive plans for solutions. Identifies strategies to solve portfolio needs and drives alignment with brand as needed to implement. Identifies and drives strategic initiatives across the larger business as-needed to positively impact client P and L.
Relationship Management - Maintains a productive relationship with brand partners to ensure strategies are collaborative and expectations for budget and focus areas are shared. Works in close synthesis with Partnership Marketing and the Field Engagement team as it relates to assigned portfolios. Primary point of contact for internal partners and collaborates closely with matrix partners (Finance, Marketing Analytics, Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance, Care Center and Operations) to support growth. Some travel required.
Talent Management - Provides coaching and mentoring opportunities to team members. Works with direct reports to build and follow through on development plans and goals based on their level of performance. Guides associate behavior by demonstrating attitudinal leadership.
Expense Management - Understands and manages the impact of expenses tied to the portfolio and marketing strategies as it relates to the client P and L and enterprise budget. Builds and manages the portfolio strategy throughout the annual budget process. Also identifies incremental needs by brand, advocates for business support of those needs and develops strategy for execution. Accountable for optimizing the use of contractual and non-contractual marketing funds. Ensures contractual payment obligations are met as agreed upon.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field. –OR equivalent education and/or experience.
5 years overall experience in Marketing, Financial Services, Retail or Credit Operations Services. A minimum of 3 – 5 years proven managerial experience, preferably in a multi-level organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience driving a business or retail strategy through strong understanding of budget, P and L and other financial levers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled in developing interpersonal relationships
• Motivated to achieve through cross-functional collaboration and innovation
• Experience in planning, priority setting and project management
• Coaching and mentoring experience
• Intellectual curiosity
• Displays a consistent demeanor; responds well under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Normal office environment, some travel may be required.
1 - 3 formal direct reports
Alliance Data’s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers