The Sr Planner will be responsible for delivering emotional audience insights, human and industry trends, and strategic thinking to inspire and guide integrated communications. The Sr Planner would support high value new business and client opportunities in partnership with the insights team. Additionally, this position will partner on new project ingestion, prioritization, and will support thought leadership.
- Manage responsibility in collection of cultural, competitive and audience insights through a combination of Primary and Secondary research.
- Analyzes research inputs for themes and derives emotional audience insights
- Responsible for interview, taking notes, analyzing conversations for themes and patterns drawing audience insights that are artfully mapped out, meaningful and related.
- Presents to internal and external audiences, including leadership, to be the voice of the customer
- Inspires and contributes to brainstorm meetings and creative teams
- Generate and presents creative briefs to share strategic thinking and focus; briefing Account and Creative teams
- Establish point of views providing solid rationale and recommendations to elevate strategic thinking
- Challenges the status quo by ask provoking questions to draw out the best insights and ideas
- Collaborates and iterates on insights and perspectives across the Account, Creative, Social/Digital, Content and Research teams
- Partners with the Insights team members on new projects, work prioritization, and will directly support and inject thought leadership into account and creative teams.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, psychology or sociology discipline or applicable field is required BA, BS preferred
- 5-7 years of marketing, research or audience insights experience required (experience at a digital, PR or advertising agency preferred)
- Prefer that 2+ years of experience be within an Agency environment
- Client management and engagement experience is preferred
- Proven success in managing high profile projects or multiple projects preferred.
- Travel: may on occasion need to travel, up to 10%
- Ability to inspire their team through career and personal development.
- Proficient at working in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines in order to manage creative capacity.
- Possess exceptional communications skills.
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.