SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Accounting Supervisory)
- Oversee Staff Accountant/Accounting Coordinator
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to company accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and other financial reports.
- Manages and supports month-end and year-end closing; including preparation, review and approval of general ledger entries and balance sheet account analyses.
- Oversees inventory accounting process.
- Oversees and prepares bank reconciliations.
- Supports annual audit by providing information to auditors.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Completes additional miscellaneous projects and tasks as assigned by management.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 7 years experience or equivalent work experience is required.
- CPA or equivalent professional certification is preferred.
- Previous Accounting supervisory experience is preferred.
- Manufacturing/Distribution industry experience is preferred.
- Accounting - Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including the compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Technology – Knowledge of computer processing systems and electronic communication including but not limited to MS Office, MAS 90/SAGE 100, and other accounting related software.
- Communication – proficient in both verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail – Thorough in work tasks and pay close attention to details.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic or reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Organization – Ability to develop specific goals and plan to prioritize, organize and accomplish work tasks successfully.