Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Accountant
Our Sr. Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Advanced Excel skills and data consolidations from various data sources are critical for this role.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Creating queries,consolidating data and analyzing large data in excel.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develops, implements, modifies, and documents record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
- Performs various account reconciliations for cash and inter-company accounts; analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Establish and assigns entries to proper accounts in the General Ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience
- CPA designation preferred and experience in inventory costing preferred
- Previous experience in month-end close processes
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Lawson Software experience a plus!
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits pakage that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules