Centered in vibrant city of Denton, conveniently down the street from the University of North Texas and Texas Women’s University, is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings. We are the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and are welcoming applications for a meticulous and well -rounded Sr. Accountant.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
This position is a mix of general ledger accounting (domestic and international), external financial reporting, and technical accounting. Responsible for consolidating and analyzing domestic and international financial information and reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within the organization. Assisting with the preparation and documentation of financial statements (including SEC forms 10-Q/10-K and statutory filings) and audit deliverables, preparing whitepapers and technical accounting memos and other duties.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist in documenting, drafting, and preparing periodic financial statements that conform to regulatory and accounting standards.
- Assist in documenting, drafting, and preparing periodic whitepapers that effectivity communicate regulatory and accounting standards to management.
- Develops, implements, modifies, and documents improvements to accounting processes, making use of current computer technology.
- Performs various account reconciliations for certain assets, liabilities and inter-company accounts; preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Establish and creates entries to record to the proper accounts in the General Ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- CPA designation strongly preferred
- Previous experience in month-end close processes.
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Active Disclosure and Oracle experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong ability to interpret SEC regulations and accounting standards
- Focus on documentation and accuracy
- Adhere to strict deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules