Centered in vibrant city of Denton, conveniently down the street from the University of North Texas and Texas Women’s University, is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings. We are the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and are welcoming applications for a meticulous and well -rounded Sr. Accountant.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports; including journal entries and account reconciliations; to maintain record of assets, liabilities, and other financial activities within an organization. Position includes fixed asset responsibility with focus on CIP projects.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, financial commitments, and obligations, to project expenses or to provide advice
- Preparing periodic reports that compare actual costs to planned and forecasted costs or historical trends.
- Performs various account reconciliations and fixed asset roll forwards.
- Establish and assigns entries to proper accounts in the General Ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience.
- CPA designation preferred
- Previous experience in month-end close processes.
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Oracle and Hyperion software experience plus
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to prepare and process journal entries.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules