Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position provides advanced professional accounting support to the General Accounting department related to the maintenance, processing and analysis of accounting records in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Establish, interpret, and analyze complex accounting records to support strategic decision making and ensure compliance with GAAP
2. Prepare, review, and post journal entries to support the monthly close process
3. Review of financial reports to ensure the accuracy and clarity of information presented
4. Prepare selected balance sheet reconciliations, and analysis, to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP
5. Participate in monthly review of financial package to ensure the accuracy of financial information and to assist in strategic decision making
6. Respond to inquiries from Management/Executives, related to monthly financial package, to ensure clear communication and high level of customer service
7. Assist Manager with research related inquiries to support strategic decision making
8. Perform special projects and additional assignments, as assigned, to support the department
9. Participate in cross training efforts that support personal development and provide departmental coverage
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting, required
• CPA designation a plus
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Large enterprise system experience (JD Edwards/Oracle e1 experience a plus).
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Advanced technical knowledge of US GAAP
• Excellent MS Office Suite skills and advanced computer spreadsheet skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
• Attention to detail, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
• Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Ability to work overtime, extensive at times, required as needed
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.FinanceFinanceFull-time