This is a direct hire opportunity.
This position requires knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience performing accounting functions including compiling and maintaining accounts receivable & accounts payable, general ledger journal functions, and creating & processing financial reports.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable functions to include posting payments, making collection calls, maintaining invoices, preparing check runs and applications, reconciliations, and closing out A/P
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries
- Manage service work and purchase orders in Dynamics; reconcile sales and cost to close out service projects; and enter in timecards to post labor to projects
- Set up new hires and/or process terminations for benefits; add & maintain benefit plans in Paycor Benefits Advisor; perform benefit reconciliations; and provide explanation of benefit plans to employees. Provide explanation of benefit plans to new hires, perform benefit reconciliations, and work with third-party administrator for COBRA
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining company expenditures; assisting with audit preparation and compiling and filing EEOC-1 reports
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working in accounting including AP/AR/General Ledger
- Prior experience working with health benefit plans, handling benefit reconciliations, and setting up benefit information
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency with accounting software, payroll systems, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Prior experience working with MS Dynamics and Paycor highly preferred, but not required