Organization: Adventist Health
Primary Location: United States-California-Roseville
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2019, 4:55:59 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Sr. Accounts Payable Associate (System) who:
Compiles financial and business transaction data from vouchers, invoices, transmittal sheets and other source documents to prepare computer-input forms for the System. Verifies and reconciles errors on computer printouts to maintain accounting records. Posts, calculates and updates accounts payable using computer terminal and utilizing knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
- Utilizes available resources to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives to enhance department workflow. Monitors payment terms to maximize cash discounts. Applies substantial knowledge of the job and experience to complete a wide range of activities with varying difficulty.
- Compares the invoice with electronic hard copy Purchase Order to initiate check authorization process. Conducts research to address invoice and Purchase Order pricing and shipping discrepancies. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Works with staff to resolve issues when invoice and Purchase Order do not match. Monitors payment terms to maximize cash discounts. Updates reports to maintain an accurate accounts payable balance. Assists buyers by ordering supplies, or equipment, and makes Purchase Order information notes. Completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Opens, sorts and date stamps mail coming into department. Supports customer service inquiries. Maintains an updated filing System to assist with invoice clearing. Reconciles freight and transportation services. Guides others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
- Works with sensitive and confidential information, often involving the interpretation of policies and procedures to guide use. Receives minimal instruction on assignments and works within broad established guidelines and standards, where applicable.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Two years customer service experience: Preferred