PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing administrative office support for the Regional Construction Manager(s). This position will involve standard administrative items, but also requires an individual who is comfortable giving direction to vendors and tenants as it related to working construction projects under the direction of the Regional Construction Manager. Working with Property Managers and Building Engineers in directing vendors to complete task for a variety of capital and tenant improvement projects. This position also requires the ability to keep up to date various computer systems including SharePoint, Avid and Angus, MS Project Schedules and other systems as required, training provided.
- Assist with preparation of budgets & cost reports
- Assist with monthly status reports
- Assist with updating of various tracking systems for construction management
- Assist with contract administration including document preparation; assist with bid process of contract services and construction work – data entry and preliminary bid analysis
- Review and code invoices for payment and approval.
- Maintain filing system including plans and various construction documents and contract files
- Work on special projects under supervision the Regional Construction Manager or the VP of Construction Management
- College degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience in facilities or construction management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Prior Construction Management or Property Management Administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Angus, and/or Avid is desired but not required training can be provided
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must work well under deadlines; handle high volume of work; prioritize workflow as needed
- Detail-oriented; able to handle multiple projects with extreme professionalism.
- Professional demeanor and ability to discreetly handle confidential and time-sensitive information