Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your wireless/RF engineering skills and experience to analyze and develop wireless telecommunications capabilities within the Honeywell embedded software team. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will bring value to Honeywell's wireless products and services by enhancing device performance within wireless networks and optimizing operation in unique customer applications. You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while working within a global technical team.
The engineering organization is pursuing a Sr. Wireless Advanced Software Engineer in the RF engineering team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for RFID, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth product development, engineering testing, customer support, and improving RF firmware in Android and embedded Linux based platforms.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in wireless systems development including requirement analysis, software design, implementation, testing, and support.
- 6+ years of C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with wireless technology standards including RFID, 802.11, NFC, and Bluetooth
- Extensive experience with Android/Linux/RTOS based software platforms
- Extensive knowledge of wireless protocols and RF systems
- Proficiency with wireless debug methodologies to isolate low level system issues and troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical problems
- Experience with RF test equipment to evaluate system performance, evaluate compliance compatibility, and troubleshoot operational issues
- Real world experience of deploying wireless products and troubleshooting RF driver issues
- Knowledge of RFID and signal processing would be a plus
- JOB ID: HRD103095
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Senior Software Developer / Engineer