Sr. Analyst, Business Operations, Charging Infrastructure
- Job Category
- Operations & Business Support
- Palo Alto, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
Charging is a critical part of Tesla’s mission to accelerate the worlds transition to a sustainable energy future. The Charging team is responsible for overseeing the massive expansion of charging infrastructure to support mass market electric vehicle ownership. As Sr. Analyst, Business Operations, you will be responsible for optimizing electricity operations across North America. Projects in this role will focus on tariff optimization, energy procurement, new business models, financial forecasting, and cost management of the Company’s charging portfolio. The role will require significant collaboration with business units throughout the company.
The responsibilities of this position may change over time. This role requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the project and the organization.
· Energy cost optimization and reporting: Develop tools and processes to track, report, and forecast energy spend. Create sophisticated analytical frameworks and tools to model site-level energy costs and improve operational costs. Evaluate opportunities for onsite solar and storage.
· Energy procurement: Define optimal procurement strategy based on internal and external factors. Lead electricity supply RFPs and contract negotiation end to end with internal and external stakeholders across NA markets. Manage relationship with key utilities and suppliers.
· Business development: Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify, assess, develop and successfully execute on alternative electricity supply strategies.
· Energy policy: Coordinate with internal teams to monitor and execute on policy initiatives related to energy procurement.
· Some domestic travel may be necessary.
· 5+ years’ relevant work experience in the electricity or energy procurement industry
· Graduate degree useful, but not required
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a field relevant to business planning, analysis, and utility business models
· Superb organizational skills with strong multi-tasking abilities
· Impeccable communication and presentation skills, both writing and speaking - ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals
· Familiarity with solar, energy storage, and APAC energy markets a plus
· Highly structured individual with affinity for business models, optimization, and creative thinking
· Highly energetic personality with an ability to function autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
· Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Power BI