Sr. Analyst, Energy Global Service, Strategy and Operations
- Job Category
- Fremont, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
Tesla’s Energy Global Service, Strategy and Operations team leverages financial analytics and in-depth understanding of businesses practices to drive broader business decision-making and strategy, directly supporting Tesla’s leadership. The Global Service, Strategy and Operations team is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. Team members are expected to partner closely with the all business groups to analyze technical data, provide recommendations, and lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations.
Much of the work of the Global Service, Strategy and Operations team involves operating at the intersection of business and technology, especially in understanding the fundamental performance requirements of our systems and processes. In this regard, the Senior Analyst / Associate role is designed to leverage a synergy of technical knowledge and business analysis towards supporting strategic service business decisions, service resource planning, service process design, service systems investment, and vendor negotiations. The Energy Service role supports all post-deployment activities, from pricing through to operations, across all energy products: solar, storage and electric vehicle charging.
The Tesla Energy Global Service, Strategy and Operations team is responsible for the ongoing success of Tesla Energy’s class leading fleet of energy products. As part of our team, you will be enabled to work across the entire Tesla organization to solve problems and ensure the success of our commercial energy field service execution. Working alongside the Field Service, Service Engineering, Product Engineering, Environment, Health and Safety, Asset Management and service leadership teams you will leverage real time information and experience to ensure the best customer experience and fleet availability.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of non-barrier, inter-disciplinary collaboration at lightning speed. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate daily. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problem — and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
• Analyze actual costs across the field service organization globally, to track cost initiative implementation and determine service business unit productivity
• Develop innovative ways, in which Tesla Energy will be able to scale exponentially starting now. Examples include scaling of headcount, scaling of systems organizing preventative maintenance services, contractor training
• Lead cost reduction program with global stakeholders across all energy products, including field service, engineering and procurement
• Support financial forecast for Energy Service business unit towards corporate planning, including headcount and profitability
• Break down processes into discrete components for analysis and optimization
Experience & Skills
• Evidence of exceptional ability, especially within an ambiguous environment
• 2-5 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, or other structured training program
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, and/or other quantitative and technical fields
• Demonstrated success driving tangible impact / influencing within a broader organization
• Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts at a detailed level, and synthesize implications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders
• Excellent analytical skills (e.g., Microsoft Office applications, financial modeling, SQL, etc.)
• Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects, especially those consisting of both technical and non-technical stakeholders