Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
ABOUT RISK MANAGEMENT @ OPORTUN
We are growing our world-class team of mission-driven risk managers who are passionate about broadening financial inclusion by untapping insights from alternative data. Be part of the team responsible for developing and running Oportun’s marketing optimization platform that leverage Oportun’s core intellectual property for scoring risk for underserved consumers that often lack a traditional credit score or are mis-scored by traditional credit bureaus. In this role you will be working with large and diverse alternative data sets and machine learning to execute multi-product and multi-channel marketing programs. You will also drive growth and optimize marketing spend across multiple products and channels by leveraging alternative data to help predict which consumers would likely be interested in one of Oportun’s affordable, credit building lending products.
As a Senior Analyst / Manager of Data and Process Analysis you will ensure that targeted marketing campaigns are delivered on time, meet all compliance requirements and are executed flawlessly. You will play a major role in enhancing the platform used to score and select prospects across multiple products and channels. This highly visible role drives the process and manages the platform leveraged for Oportun’s largest marketing programs. This role reports to the Director of Risk Management and partners with the Marketing and Data Science teams to streamline processes, improve segmentation and drive improved campaign performance. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced organization where your contributions will have a meaningful impact on increasing access to lending products for consumers with little or no credit history.
- Execute monthly marketing campaign process while meeting deadlines and ensuring flawless execution
- Analyze, monitor and optimize marketing campaign performance by adjusting risk and response model scores while minimizing cannibalization across products and channels
- Identify target populations, size addressable market and help derive segmentation
- Forecast key performance metrics such as new applications and loans by channel
- Partner with line of business e.g. Auto to align on strategic goals such as loan volume, disbursement and budget
- Coordinate and communicate the delivery schedule for marketing campaigns
- Maintain organized records needed comply with legal and compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other quantitative discipline
- Strong problem solving, programming and communication skills
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data to identify insights and utilizing insights to drive desired business outcomes
- 2+ years of experience programming SAS at an advanced level
- 1+ years of coding experience in SQL and Python. Familiarity with JAVA
- Experience designing processes that leverage large amounts of data
- Experience managing complex projects while being able to prioritize and multitask
- Comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced and agile environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills