Experienced-level professional job that applies a solid understanding of concepts within own professional discipline and uses knowledge of the business and key processes gained practical experience. Within the monitoring team of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), the Senior Analyst will be responsible for scanning the risk landscape and in partnership with management and the business, think about the future and point where emerging risks might arise. Innate insight, data analytics and capabilities will be more useful than statistical wizardry ability.
This role often possesses a degree in hard science when bridging with the analysts from predictive analytics but also business knowledge to be able to identify the risk landscape and potential correlations yielding to emerging risks and when interacting with the business lines.
Primary responsibilities include:
Identify possible actionable insights from various (or multiple) sources of data that measurably improve business outcomes or reduce business risk and work with the predictive analytics to investigate
Provide consultation to business leaders and other stakeholders on how to leverage analytic insights to build actionable strategies. Add "so what?"/business insight to the analytics to provide reporting and monitoring to first and second lines
Provide consultation to business leaders and other stakeholders on how to leverage analytic insights to build actionable strategies.
Partner with the Predictive Analytics team to obtain relevant analytical and reporting artifacts.
Partner with the business lines and second lines to identify possible correlations and causation relationships
Partner with targeted business lines and second lines to find areas of potential analytics rich data areas
Partner with the LoBs and second line to embed risk appetite in their BAU/Strategic thinking by working on their understanding/appreciation of what risk appetite can do for them but also by positioning new risk appetite analytical tools within their reach
Monitor metrics for velocities, accelerations, correlations. Look for unexpected risks / unintended consequences of movements intra and inter risks. Enhance the monitoring of the risk appetite metrics from a holistic/structural integrity/dynamics point of view.
Identify and develop tools and ad-hoc analytics to be leveraged into adding insight on new strategic initiatives (correlation to other products, risks, concentrations, etc). Work with the predictive analytics team for their development
Continue the development of the concentration framework (Risk appetite limits/opportunities)
Working with the operational risk second line, further the analytics capability looking for patterns, controls/loss correlations, concentrations
Enhance the analytical output of existing capabilities such as Risk Appetite
Identify how macro-economic and internal factors are inter-connected and/or correlated in both consumer and commercial
Identify the tools and insights needed to support better quality decision making.
Produce results in the form of clear reports/decks to be presented to management. Write technical reports for distribution and presentation to senior management, audit, and regulators.
- 10+ years of experience in financial industry
- Sound understanding of banking and lending products and how risk impacts the banks.
- Understanding of databases and familiarity with statistical packages such as Matlab, Tableau, SAS and R. Able to marry both to act as a translator between the business/management and the predictive analytics team.
- Solid understanding of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the professional discipline (e.g., information technology, project management, finance, risk management, etc.).
- Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations
- 10% scientist, 10% data engineer, 40% Business, 40% innovator: People within this role should also be able to understand statistical analysis, pull and integrate data, think creatively.
- Background in Business/second lines/Audit/ Model Risk Management/Compliance areas are preferred
- Ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents
- Awareness of industry competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate Citizens and other banks in the market.
- Able to work independently or in a team on complex projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing skills
- Independent thinker
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's or Master's in a quantitative field or in liberal art or in business
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (3.5 preferred)
- Candidates with certifications like CFA, FRM are preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.