HuFriedyGroup is the dental industry leader in infection prevention solutions, premium instrumentation, and service and support programs that help dental professionals be the best in practice. As the dental division of Cantel, HuFriedyGroup encompasses a vast array of brands and products, integrated together to deliver full service and support – a complete circle of protection – to dental practices around the globe. We are dedicated to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness, and social responsibility. Our core values and well-defined culture are evident in daily life at HuFriedyGroup and continue to shape the success of our business.
Leads development and support of SAP FICO and related applications, as well as related business processes and user education and training, to support finance, accounting and reporting requirements. Responsible for working closely with internal customers to identify and prioritize opportunities for IT to support Hu-Friedy business objectives, define requirements, ensure timely delivery of needed solutions and ensure effective utilization of delivered solutions.
- Work with internal and external users to define business requirements and develop process flow. *
- Configure R/3 to optimize functionality in support of the business process. *
- Evaluate, recommend and implement third party software that may be required to support business processes.
- Work with other business systems analysts and key users to identify integration points and ensure system integrity.
- Responsible for testing the functionality of FICO and related module(s) (e.g. BPC) as part of configuration changes, SAP patches, or system upgrades. *
- Direct the work efforts of project teams and individuals, including consultants, engaged in production support, maintenance and enhancement of existing business application systems. *
- Direct the work efforts of project teams and individuals, including consultants, engaged in the full life cycle development of business application systems, including module/package implementation and custom system development using Hu-Friedy process, standard methods and tools. *
- Review and approve all major business and technical project work products for adherence to Hu-Friedy business policies and requirements, IT standards, sound business practice and sound technical practice
- Assist with preparation of departmental budgets and project budgets based upon Hu-Friedy guidelines.
- Work with IT to continually improve internal system practices, policies and procedures, including crossfunctional processes, standard methodologies and tool selection. Document business practices and procedures, and SAP configuration settings
- Support development of end-user training aids and conduct in-house training sessions.
- Support end-users by answering questions related to SAP, resolving problems and providing direction on complex processes. *
- Research SAP’s online service system (OSS) when program errors arise, to determine if a solution exists, initiate and expedite problems logged with OSS. *
- May be responsible for projects that have components not related to SAP.May develop report queries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S degree in business or related field required; M.S./MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing business application systems.
- Minimum 3 years of SAP experience directly related to FICO and related business processes.
- Minimum one year of experience with financial consolidation involving foreign subsidiaries and reporting of multiple businesses.
- Strong customer relationship and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (could include international travel).
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
General office conditions apply. Sitting, standing, very little lifting (less than 10% of the time and no more than 20 lbs). Good lighting and no special vision requirements, although employees may spend significant amounts of time in front of a computer. Quiet conditions. No exposure to outside, extreme weather, or hazardous conditions.
* Duties and responsibilities considered to be essential functions of the position.
**EEO/Affirmative Action Employer