The Senior Tax Analyst position exists to help T-Mobile meet its sales/use tax and transaction tax obligations. The position will support the consumption tax team, which monitors, reviews, and optimizes sales and use tax remittances made through procurement channels across the organization.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in Big 4 public accounting, and/or the communications industry
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax preferred
- Strong knowledge of tax laws with the ability to understand complex tax issues
- Strong knowledge of office software including Word, Excel and Access
- Experience with data analytics tools including Alteryx, preferred
- Knowledge of leading tax research tools, like Lexis, CCH and/or Checkpoint
- Ability to work simultaneously on numerous projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information clearly and concisely
- Review and monitor the payment of sales/use tax on procure-to-pay processes, including tax payments to vendors, captive procurement and/or leasing company, and the self-accrual of use tax with a focus on automation, process improvement, business education, and risk mitigation of tax underpayments.
- Identify opportunities to reduce tax overpayments on purchases, including preparation of refund claims, including research, invoice review, claim preparation and defense, as well as supporting third-party consultant refund reviews.
- Reconcile tax accruals and payments and coordinate data retrieval in support of refund claims.
- Perform tax research, review contracts, purchase orders, invoices and other relevant documentation to analyze application of tax to purchases, including to apply appropriate sourcing of transactions.
- Coordination between tax audit results and systems teams to assure continued compliance with expected tax policy, mitigating risk of overpayments and underpayments.
- Any other special tax projects as needed.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.