Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Senior Analytics Coordinator facilitates a data enabled organization through knowledge of financial, operational, clinical, quality, and people data.
1. Facilitates a data enabled organization through knowledge of financial, operational, clinical, quality and people data throughout the organization and the related systems.
2. Works with management, analysts, and IT to translate operational requirements into technical solutions.
3. Works with IT to develop and implement reporting processes, including dashboards and reporting tools.
4. Facilitates identification and resolution of data quality issues by creating standard data definitions and facilitating standardized data collection processes.
5. Performs complex analysis and provide guidance to all staff related to data collection, analysis, and/or reporting.
6. Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standard metric definitions including implementation and maintenance of tools to support standardized metrics and data definitions [online repository].
7. Facilitate definition of operational data needs
8. Translate operational data needs into technical solutions.
9. Facilitate resolution of data quality issues
10. Lead and support data analysis
11. Implement and maintain tools to support Data Governance
12. Organizational and analytic leadership
13. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in analytics is required.
2. Experience providing information in new and end-user friendly ways is required.
3. Experience with project management and data analysis is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. [Epic Systems, Strata, Qlik, SAP WebI software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master’s degree required in analytics, mathematics, statistics, industrial engineering or related field is required.
2. Certification: Not required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: