Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias to take action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Hotwire’s Supply Analytics team is positioned as retail analytics partner to Supply team, to ensure health of company’s lodging business and further identify future opportunity; we maximize the value of our inventory evaluating where customers demand and hoteliers offer meets at best. We are looking for a Sr. Manager who will help the business to understand commercial performance of Hotwire, and to analyse underlying drivers for actionable insights.
The perfect candidate will have strong business acumen with solid analytics experience, and proven track record of structured yet creative approach to problem solving ; you are a self-starter and challenge status-quo. You will often times work with remotely located team members and cross functional teams of broader analytics, strategy, marketing, product and supply. You will be a mentor to junior team members and have plenty of opportunity to learn from/work with senior leadership team members.
- Deep-dive analysis to solve complete root cause of performance drivers for our hotel partners and commercial performance of the company, provide recommendation
- You will actively look for revenue opportunities and build business cases for our hotel supply team to act on
- Leverage findings through data discovery/exploration to improve our partners' experience and increase analytics impact.
- Strong statistical background and
- You will lead end to end cross functional project, influencing decision makers and stakeholders
- You will become a trusted partner for hotel supply team, participating hotel supply strategic planning and other special projects throughout the year, as well as working on requests & ad-hoc analysis; we have Sprint based process.
- Be able to simplify and communicate complex topics to non technical audience
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative discipline, MBA/MS/PhD preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong stakeholder management skillset
- Should be familiar with writing advanced SQL code and basic ETL.
- Familiarity with Excel, Tableau, Looker, or similar reporting tool
- Knowledge in statistics
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities.
- Top tier management consulting company or similar internal consulting role within corporate required
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting all ideas. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.