|Reference # :||19-11147||Title :||Sr Application Analyst|
|Location :||Marietta, GA|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/09/2019 / 02/08/2020|
|Senior Application Analyst|
6 Months contract to hire
This role will focus on the automation of the build out of file transmissions processes. Additionally, the engineer will work closely with the Management team to implement operational improvements analyze current technologies and systems, and provide recommendations for improvement opportunities with automation. The engineer will be responsible for working with peer teams in the implementation of these improvements and solutions. The goal is to help transform and sustain legacy process into modern efficiently running self-service operations, increasing customer satisfaction, decreasing issue resolution time, and improving time to market for transmissions implementations.
• Understand the onboarding of new file transmissions for internal customers
• Participate in the onboarding process using technology and process
• Provide quality service and support for Incident response and onboarding to internal customers
• Supports the Manager with the identification of automation and orchestration as it relates to quality onboarding process
• Identify preventative actions needed to avoid application incidents based on monitoring and trend analysis.
• Provide appropriate IT associates with technical training and support documentation for automation or robotic application implementations
• Continually reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the automation and orchestration implementations.
• Create and maintain orchestrated workflows in conjunction with appropriate programming and scripting elements to fulfill automation requirements.
• Develop communications, procedures, and guidelines for shoring up quality support procedures and process for improved efficiency
• Analyze, build and implement key performance metrics related to operational throughput and efficiency and provide ongoing reporting and visibility
• Document processes and runbooks to collaborate with level 1 and level 2 support associates
• Be able to creates job set-ups in various file transmissions technologies
• Be able to understand and work directly with both Internal and External clients to develop specifications
• Create Sterling File Gateway setups, Business processes and supporting builds processes
• Work with and develop applications that involve job control language, macros, subroutines and other control modules.
Scope of Job:
• Lead requirements gathering for automation and process
• Develop concept, logical and system documentation
• Work on moderately complex onboarding projects with moderate to high breadth of responsibility and autonomy
• Develops process and technology improvements leveraging automation capabilities and technology solutions.
• Must be able to consult with other users on moderately complex system specifications
• Focus is process and efficiency improvement for boarding and support with automation where possible
• Must be able to analyze systems and understand complex system and human interactions,as well as file routing connecting disparate systems.
• Knowledge of automation tools is desired as the role will focus on efficiency improvements leveraging automation technology.
• 6+ yrs of related IT experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate certificates.
• Experience with Process Automation and tools
• Has expert knowledge in support functions, ITIL, ticketing systems such as Remedy, ServiceNow etc.
• Expert knowledge in multiple operating systems and tools (Unix, Linux, Windows, z/OS, Sterling File Gateway, SQL, Remedy, TSO, JCL)
• Strong knowledge of file transmission protocols (Connect direct, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, SSL CERTIFICATE Creation, SFTP Keys and ciphers)
• Experience with automation orchestration tools desired.
• ServiceNow, Remedy, expertise is desirable
• Knowledge and experience evaluating alternative products
• Experience with basic technical writing and documentation to deliver high quality outputs
• Strong understanding of complex business processes/functions.
• Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application concepts
• General knowledge and hands on scripting experience desirable
• Knowledge of REST API interfaces