What we need:
The Senior Developer will be a hands-on professional, who will research, architect, design, develop, configure and integrate and maintain existing and new business applications and/or integrate 3rd party developed applications with Cetera's portal application eco system. Responsible for software development activities throughout the project, including key design decisions. Candidate will work closely with other developers and business subject matter experts. This position will be reporting to the IT Manager.
What you will you do:
- Apply in-depth technical knowledge to develop applications across one or more technology areas (web applications, APIs, web services and application database integration).
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available applications.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Participates in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects.
- Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with domain subject matter experts, application architects, and senior development teams.
- Document key SDLC processes by producing formal documents like solution architecture document and technical system design specifications, etc.
- Actively looking for ways to make everything better.
- Be able to self-learn, research, and adopt new and emerging technologies to provide solutions to specific needs. Ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts
What you need to have:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or years of experience.
- 5 years of experience in software engineering or software development of complex project initiatives involving .Net based technology stack or similar equivalent.
- Proficiency in development of high performance distributed software systems, APIs, and or web services.
- Exposure to web services development including (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- Strong data background in SQL programming (DB design, query optimization, Indexing, stored procedures, extract transform load, etc.) from application development perspective on SQL Server, Oracle 11G Database.
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as jQuery, AngularJS, and Bootstrap would also be excellent, but not required.
- Should have experience working with industry standard version control system technology for change, release, and deployment of software packages on a distributed web-based environment.
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Good knowledge and experience integrating and using SaaS platforms and products is preferred.
- Exposure to GIT version control system and deployment software such as Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
- Exposure to project tracking and change software such as Service Now, Atlassian Jira, and Confluence is a plus.
- Exposure to scripting languages such as PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with an Enterprise Service Bus tool for API/Service management is a plus.
- Broader experience of the following technologies and their interoperability (Java, Unix, Windows).
About Cetera Financial Group:
Cetera Financial Group ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
*" Cetera Financial Group " refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied, and Summit Brokerage Services .
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Cetera's Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered the property of Cetera unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees