Sr. Application Developer (JAVA)
CACI’s Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring an experienced software developer to support a key program in Ashburn, VA. Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you’ll get to do:
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
Are you interested in:
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
You have and are good at:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
- Professional Experience: at least ten (10) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
- Experience leading teams of other developers with varying levels of experience
- Able to pinpoint and solve complex problems
- Interfacing with client stakeholders to address application requirements or issues
- Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to communicate OODD and SOA principles and best practices
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
- Experience with data base design
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
Bonus would be having:
- Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
- DOD 8570 certification
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Spring, VMware, ETL tools, ESB, message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, VersionOne, Jira, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE