The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Sr. Application Development & Support Engineer participates in all functions of complex technology applications development life cycles utilizing TNC’s basic project management disciplines and performs complex professional work in system development. They analyze and document end user and technology-user business requirements for technology projects with wide range of complexity at varying levels of impact on organization-wide initiatives. They design and develop new, complex technology systems and solutions according to system requirements following TNC methodology and development best practices. Acts as a lead technologist on technology application maintenance projects related to application upgrades, conversion and modifications. Performs tasks assigned as required to complete project including design, development, running specific programs, generating reports and analyzing results. They provide support for production problems as assigned. They act as a final quality assurance analyst to conduct peer reviews and validate programmer analyst work done for moderately complex matters.
This position is being considered for both Arlington, Virginia and Denver, Colorado.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field and three years of experience in programming and systems design.
- Expert knowledge and experience of contemporary web application architecture and design, with deep experience in one or more web development frameworks.
- Experience developing production applications using .NET and Angular 6 or 7.
- Experience in SQL and relational database modeling.
- Experience analyzing complex system-wide technical specifications and interfaces, debugging applications programs, and producing effective user and technical documentation.
- Experience with PC operating systems and hardware, office productivity/graphics software and desktop utilities, hand-held computing devices, printers, scanners and other peripherals as well as LAN/WAN Technologies.
- At least five years of experience building complex software applications.
- Experience with .NET Core, C#, and Entity Framework.
- Experience with SQL Server and Transact-SQL.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS) technologies.
- Experience with cloud architectures on Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and processes.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Working knowledge of relational database best practices and concepts, such as Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Quality Management (DQM), Data Cleansing, Data Architecture, DDL, Data Dictionaries, Data Marts, Data Mining, Data Warehouse / Warehousing, Value Chain, Data Sampling, and Referential Integrity.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues that impact the overall implementation effort.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience in a global organization.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47926 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 13, 2019.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!