Through our Achievement Solutions platform, HALO Recognition builds and manages customized employee recognition and sales incentive solutions for our clients. Our robust, highly customizable, points-based platform facilitates multiple employee recognition and sales incentive programs by awarding points or other forms of currency through peer-to-peer recognition, online nominations, on-the-spot cards, social recognition, and other initiatives. Points can be redeemed by employees for millions of items including merchandise, gift cards, and experiential rewards. We work with our clients to understand their strategic needs related to employee recognition and engagement to build, launch, manage, and grow programs and solutions that supports their organization's goals related to employee recognition.
Under the direction of the Director, Project and Product Management, the Sr. Applications Engineer is primarily responsible for consulting with clients to understand, aggregate, synthesize, and document customer requirements to create solutions for large, complex programs for HALO Recognition on its SaaS-based recognition platform. To enable this, the Sr. Applications Engineer must gain an in-depth understanding of the capabilities and workings of the technology platform through training, but must also have the discipline to take the initiative for self-learning, and ultimately become a subject matter expert on the platform. The Sr. Applications Engineer is a customer-facing position, so the right person has experience with and comfort in that setting, but is also technology-savvy and fluent in API-level integration and bi-directional data flows. The Sr. Applications Engineer will have broad latitude for and be expected to exercise creative and independent judgment, action and decision making, and must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users to solve for customer business goals using the platform. The Sr. Applications Engineer will also configure (not code) websites and help the team through the implementation process, serving as an SME during the build phase in all areas from front-end website user interface and third-party integrations to the administration and invoicing requirements clarifications. The Sr. Applications Engineer participates in testing and remains at the forefront of customer communication. The Sr. Applications Engineer will also provide subject matter expertise/solutions to members of the sales team where necessary.
HALO Recognition is looking for someone who has the unique combination of SaaS know-how, 3rd-party (Oracle, WorkDay, HRIS APIs) technical integration experience, and the ability to actively listen and translate customer wants into solutions given the existing configuration toolset, but also has the ability to creatively solution for requirements that are not off-the –shelf – either through creative use of current platform capabilities or development of enhancements to accommodate needs. This role is a strategic partner for new customers, giving guidance and direction on recommendations for best-in-class employee reward and recognition program structures, practices and management.
• Strategize with customers to develop employee recognition & incentive initiatives; propose recommendations based on the customer’s goals, strategies, business requirements, and best practices.
• Assume a lead, customer-facing role to gather and document program initiatives and scope of work requirements.
• Oversee the customer-facing design process of recognition and incentive programs, including consulting with customers during the design process.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of how the technology platform delivers the agreed upon initiatives.
• Present concepts of customer-specific programs in presentations (WebEx or in person) by creating scenarios in a test environment and/or PowerPoint.
• Communicate customer expectations and project requirements to project managers, including creative direction to marketing team members.
• Understand customer’s Master Service Agreement and SOWs to be able to identify when work is out of scope and be diplomatic in addressing this.
• Configure websites to support documented and agreed-upon business requirements.
• Create internal and customer-facing program documentation including documenting requirements in Excel and Word, building flow charts in PowerPoint or Visio, and preparing customer-facing program overview documents in PowerPoint, Snag-It or other tools.
• Use creative, visual means to translate the functionality of the technology platform to the needs and nomenclature of the customer.
• Work hand-in-hand with QA to ensure a smooth, timely hand-off from configuration to testing. As needed, assist with creating high-level test plans and execution of test cases within an implementation.
• Own templates and tools used during implementation process. This entails working with the Project Manager and fellow Engineers and QA to ensure all implementation documents are current, accurate, and effective. Create customer-facing tools to effectively communicate with customers; design tools to be re-purposed as standard implementation tools.
• Document requirements in ways that are understandable and actionable by the customer and by fellow HALO Recognition implementation team members.
• Adjust approach, communication style and tools based on lessons learned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 10 years+ experience working in a software/technical field focused on creating solutions in a customer-facing role, preferably engaging with Human Resources and/or Purchasing
• Recommended past experience or professional credential in employee recognition, rewards, and incentives
• Management / supervisory experience required.
• Experience with web configuration for client-facing technology/SaaS applications preferred
• Strong knowledge of API integrations, app technologies, HTML.
• Strategic thinker who can execute short-term project and customer-facing deliverables
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (written, verbal and diagrammatical) skills required
• Interpersonal & Communication Skills: ability to develop positive relationships internally and externally
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SmartDraw, Visio and Snagit.
• Self-managed and excited by opportunities to take the initiative.
• Experienced working remotely and with remote teams.
• Positive attitude.
• Excellent time-management and project management skills; ability to juggle and prioritizing multiple demands and clearly set expectations