Position: Application Integration Developer
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
This Developer’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the integration of software programs and applications into organized information systems. This individual is also responsible for testing the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct experience in application integration development.
- Experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- 5 years of experience on any integration/middleware technologies preferably IBM MQ/Integration Bus.
- Experience developing software in programming languages, including Java, PL/SQL, Shell (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of integration protocols and standards, including WEB Services (SOAP/REST), Message Queuing (MQ, JMS), and File Transfer (FTP/SFTP).
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Background in Supply Chain related to industrial manufacturing would be a plus.
Function of the Job:
- Orchestrate integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensure that integration planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision.
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Research and make recommendations on integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
- Handle integration testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Liaise with software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of the various business processes affected by integration efforts.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Where applicable, investigate and qualify potential areas in which to introduce Web services.
- Where necessary, provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.